Thursday, December 31, 2009

Rice and Veggies for Dinner!

As a vegetarian, rice is a staple. I eat a LOT of rice! So I'm always after new ways of kicking up the flavour and trying something new. I received a rice cooker for Christmas, and I've been dying to try it, so tonight I finally did! Here is what I came up with...



I chopped up some peppers, celery, mushrooms, onion and minced one clove of garlic

Photobucket

Set it aside in a bowl

Photobucket

I'm using brown basmatic rice

Photobucket

I measured out my rice and added the water

Photobucket

Then I added the veggies

Photobucket

I added some seasonings (no amount in particular!)

Photobucket

Stirred it all up!

Photobucket

Left it to cook for 35 minutes

Photobucket

Added the frozen veggies to the steamer for 10 minutes

Photobucket

Dinner is served!

Photobucket


It was super good!

No comments:

Post a Comment