Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Reading: The Lovely Bones

Woohoo, another book done!



I liked the book. However, I didn't like that the back of the book basically tells you it's about a father trying to solve his daughter's murder, because that's maybe the first 80 pages and that's it. It's really just a story without a plot. About how the death of Susie Salmon affects her family and friends and others. I mean it was interesting, just not what it was advertised.


And now for a spoiler....

WHAT THE HECK is up with the end?! She comes back to life in the body of a friend to have SEX? This is the victim of a rape/murder! I would imagine that would be the LAST thing on her mind! Why not go see your family? Tell people where your body is? Tell them where the murderer is! I was reading this in total disbelief, it almost, ALMOST, ruined the entire book.
And then... death by icicle? For seriously? That's all I have to say about that.



Anyways, overall, not bad. Just, strange. I'd give it a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment