Friday, January 8, 2010

Mango Pasta!

Photobucket

This is one of my most favourite recipes! I got it from bodyrock.tv (check them out, they have the BEST recipes and workouts and advice!), I've just adjusted a few things.

You will need..

Olive oil (about a tablespoon)
Balsamic Vinegar (1-2 teaspoons)
Pesto
Chick Peas (or white kidney beans, both are good!)
Pasta (I used penne)
Fresh Oregano (I suppose you could use dry I just think the fresh adds more flavour)
Mango
Grape/Cherry Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Garlic (I used 3 cloves)
Parmesan Cheese

Photobucket

First start cooking the pasta

Photobucket

Then chop up the mushrooms and cut the tomatoes in half

Photobucket

Add them to a big frying pan (I used a wok!) with a tablespoon of olive oil and stir them up

Photobucket

Add your minced (or finely chopped) garlic

Photobucket

Add a spoonful of pesto. Also peel and dice the mango and add that as well.

Photobucket

You should have something like this

Photobucket

Chop up the oregano into fine pieces and add

Photobucket

Add the can of chick peas (drain them first)

Photobucket

Then I stir everything up really well and let this simmer for about 5 minutes while covered.

Grate the Parmesan cheese and add...

Photobucket

By this time your pasta should be done. Drain the water and add to the mixture!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment