Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Waffles

I wanted to start off the year with a healthy but yummy breakfast. Andy mentioned waffles, but I was out of milk. So I decided to look up some vegan waffle recipes and came across a fairly easy one! I tweaked it just a little, here is what I did.

* 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup ground flax seed
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 1/4 cups soymilk
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 3 tablespoons agave nectar (you can also use brown sugar)

Sift or whisk together the flour, flax seed, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix the soymilk, olive oil, and agave nectar in a medium bowl. Pour the soymilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Cook on a waffle iron for 3 to 5 minutes, generously spraying both grills with oil before each waffle.



They were SOOOO GOOD! Andy was even impressed with them. They're also super filling, I just had two and I'm stuffed. I will definitely make theses again!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment