Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms

Today at work I had overheard some coworkers talking about the South Beach Diet, and was brought back to that horrible, horrible diet! I did it twice (for about 2-3 weeks each time) and DID indeed lose weight fast, but gained it back just as fast, plus some! It made me dizzy and moody and just not good.

But something I DID remember, was a recipe in the diet for Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms that are sooo good! So I decided to make them for dinner (along with some rice).



I take the mushroom caps and put them in a frying pan with a bit of olive oil and brown both sides. Then I defrost some frozen chopped spinach, mix it with finely chopped mushrooms, minced garlic, and some spices. Stuff the spinach mixture into the mushroom caps, sprinkle with a bit of mozzarella, bake for about 15 minutes at 350F and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment